July 11, 2013

Fort Wayne's Saltys Selected to NCAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee

IPFW senior Tim Saltys has been named as one of 31 members of the NCAA Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
Saltys, a former member of the men's tennis team, and current member of the men's cross country squad, has joined a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations, and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses. 


The Division I national SAAC consists of one student-athlete from each of the 31 Division I conferences. Members are selected by the current Division I SAAC members from a pool of three nominees from each of the represented conferences. Each student-athlete serves a two-year term.

The Division I SAAC reports directly to the Division I Management Council, and two SAAC members participate in each meeting of the Management Council as nonvoting members. It is through this representation on the Management Council and other Division I and Association-wide committees that NCAA Division I student-athletes offer input and assist in shaping the proposed legislation by which their division is governed.

No comments:

Post a Comment