October 27, 2011

OU's Kornoelje to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award

Shawn Kornoelje, Oakland's men's and women's associate head swim coach, will be honored by the Athletes with Disabilities Hall of Fame with its 2011 Rick Knas Lifetime Achievement Award. The award will be presented at the Hall of Fame's annual induction ceremony on November 3, 2011 at the Troy Marriott in Troy, Mich., at 6 p.m. 

"I am so honored and humbled to be receiving this award from the Athletes with Disabilities Hall of Fame," said Kornoelje. "I would also like to thank all the athletes I've had the privilege of coaching over the years for teaching me the true meaning of hard work, perseverance and determination. I am truly grateful to have shared in their success."

The award acknowledges the exceptional success, sportsmanship and community service of one outstanding individual. 

Click here to read the full release.

No comments:

Post a Comment